Silhouette America has just introduced a new technology called PixScan. ccording to their website this is what it can do for us.
- Turn hand drawings into cut files
- Turn fabric and paper into digital patterns
- Replicate a pattern at its original size
- Turn your stamp collection into cut files
- Save scanned or photograph images into your personal digital library
You will need:
- An updated version of Silhouette Studio software (V3.1 or higher)
- A PixScan cutting mat
- Digital camera
All you will need to do is place your material onto the PixScan mat and capture an image of the material. Then upload the image to Silhouette Studio and cut the desired lines. You can cut virtually anything for designs that you have that aren't digital. If you have patterned paper that you would like to cut out - now it is possible to cut with your Silhouette Studio software.
My rubber stamp collection is revving up to be pulled out of the closet. I no longer need to spend money on dies to match stamps and I will definitely be looking at sheets of paper differently from now on.
I can hardly wait until the PixScan mats are available - this is a game changer.